The match takes place on Sunday 16th July, starting a 11am UK time.
This is a 3-match one-day series, the score is currently 1-1.
It takes place at Old Trafford, Manchester.
We are picking the following players
England v India 3d ODI Match Preview
- The ODI series so far has been very up and down for England with a crushing defeat in the first match and an excellent win in the last match.
- Batting first England only put on 246 which in the conditions did not seem like a big enough score, but it was enough to have a chance to defend it.
- Reece Topley took the player of the match award with impressive figures of 6/24 from 9.5 overs. This included the wickets of both openers and Yadav before he finished the tail-enders off.
- Moeen Ali top scored with the bat getting 47 runs from 64 balls. This was a very sensible inning from Ali as the team needed someone to day in and build so runs rather than go big and risk a smaller total. He put on a 62-wicket partnership before losing his wicket which was critical to the England score.
- India was fantastic in the first match of this series but really fell off the form in the second match. They looked like they’d down well to keep England’s score down and we were expecting them to pick the runs off in 40 or so overs.
- Chahal was the stand-out bowler with 4/47 from his 10 overs, Bumrah and Pandya both chipped in with 2 wickets to limit England to 246 all out.
- India struggled with the bat in return and when Kohli went they were 31/4 and the game looked all but over already.
- Yadav, Pandya, Jadeja and Shami all got scores in the 20s which made the score look more respectable but none of them could build enough of an innings to make the game close.
England v India Match Prediction
This is a really interesting one-day match. Both teams have played well in one match and been off form in the other. England has not performed well with the bat in either match with no players getting a half-century in either match. You would expect to see an improvement in this at some point with the talent England has in this 11.
India has been playing well at white-ball cricket but let the wickets fall in the last ODI. They should have easily chased down 247 to win on that wicket but the top order let the side down.
We are predicting a win for India at 1/1 odds. See the full odds and bet with 10Cric here.
Predicted scores (If batting first)
England – 280
India – 330