West Indies v India Match Preview
West Indies Form
- Before the series, Nicolas Pooran has been talking up the West Indies saying this is an opportunity for them to show the world that they can compete against India.
- Their recent form, however, says otherwise. In their recent ODI series against Bangladesh, they lost 3-0. They look completely off form and way off where they need to be to start getting results against a team as good as India.
- In all 3 matches, they batted first and put on scores of 149/9, 108 all out, and 178 all out. Due to a retired player in the first match they did not manage to bat 50 overs. The Indian bowlers are a level above Bangladesh and this looks like it will be a very tough game for the West Indian batters in their current form.
- Bangladesh victories were comfortable, the first match was by 6 wickets with 55 balls remaining, and the second match was by 9 wickets and won in 20 overs. The last match was closer but they still won by 4 wickets with 9 balls remaining.
- India comes into this match after an excellent ODI series with England. They won 2-1 and the bowlers performed well limiting England’s score in every game. An excellent performance considering how good England is with the white ball.
- Hardik Pandya took the player of the series. Rishban Pant took the player of the match in the final game with his impressive 125 not out from 133 balls.
- At 38/3 chasing 260 to win India looked in trouble. Reece Topley had done the damage to the top order again, he played very well against India across the series. It was Pant’s professional innings supported by Pandya that brought the win home.
- Across the ODI series, 259 was the highest score by England. India bowled them out for just 110 in the first match. They limited them to 248 in the next match but lost.
- The bowling unit of India goes into this match in full confidence.
- Virat Kohli is taking a rest for this tour which could be a benefit to the team with his poor form in England. He managed just 33 runs across 3 ODIs and 12 runs across 3 T20s.
West Indies v India Match Prediction
As we’ve laid out above this is a match between a team playing well and a team in poor form. We cannot see a way for the West Indies to get a result, even at home and with India mixing the squad up a little.
We are predicting a win for India at 1.33 odds. See the full odds and bet with 10Cric here.
Predicted scores (If batting first)
West Indies – 150 all out
India – 330