The match takes place from the 8th to the 12th of July. This is a test match.
This is a 2 match test series, Australia leads 1-0 currently.
It takes place at the Galle International Stadium, Sri Lanka
You can watch it live on Sony Sports Network or stream it on Sonyliv.
We think Australia will win this match, although it will be closer than the 1st test.
We are picking the following players who all performed well in the first test.
- Cameron Green
- Usman Khawaja
- Glenn Maxwell (If he comes into the side).
- Nathan Lyon
- Ramesh Medis
Sri Lanka v Australia Match Preview
Sri Lanka Form
- After winning the ODI series against Australia 3-2, Sri Lanka was poor in the first test losing by almost an innings.
- In the first innings, they put on 212 and in the second they put on just 113 runs. Australia needed just 10 runs to win in their final innings.
- Ramesh Mendis was the pick of the bowlers taking 4 wickets for 112 runs from his 32 overs. This helped limit Australia to 321 which was a good return in the first innings.
- Niroshan Dickwella top socred with 58 from 59 balls in the first innings. Dimuth Karunaratne top-scored in the second innings with 23 from 20.
- Sri Lanka will need to do considerably better if they are to get a result from this match.
This performance was a surprise from Sri Lanka after they did well in the ODI matches. They seem to be well-matched but Australia had the upper hand throughout this test match.
- Australia was in dominant form in this test after being a little under par in the ODIs.
- Glenn Maxwell is expected to return to the test side for the second test with reports he will bat at number 8 in the lineup. He is expected to replace Mithcell Starc.
- In the first innings, Cameron Green was the top batsman with 77 from 109 balls follwed closely by Usman Khawaja with 71 off 130 balls.
- Australia won their previous test series against Pakistan 1-0 after the first two matches were drawn.
Austalia looked in good form in the last test, taking key wickets when they needed them. The batting was not as good as it could have been with around 400 looking a par score on the wicket. They will be looking to build on that and take a 2-0 win before heading to Zimbabwe at the end of August.
Sri Lanka v Austalia Match Prediction
This match looks like an Australia win but we are expecting Sri Lanka to put up more of a fight. They are at home and are better than they showed in the first test. We have seen in the past 12 months Australia get overconfident in matches and lose, like in last year’s series against Bangladesh.
We are predicting a win for Australia.
Predicted scores (If batting first)
Australia – 380
Sri Lanka – 330
Our latest predictions
MATCH DETAILS When is the 3rd ODI between England and India? The match takes place on Sunday 16th July, starting a 11am UK time. What
India head to Old Trafford with a 2-1 series lead as the deciding Test in Manchester could see the tourists securing their first series win